Smart Waste Management
Bigbelly Solar Compactor
Downtown Redwood City
Waste bins can be a haven for critter-refuge, bad odor, and unwanted trash overflow that can lead to wind-blown litter through our streets. Also, traditionally trash disposal is reliant on set schedules for pick-up rather than need, resulting in inefficiency in staff resources.
A Bigbelly waste bin is a smart, solar-powered, sensor equipped waste & recycling station that communicates their real-time status to streamline waste management operations. It contains a suite of connected waste bins that keeps waste contained with its self-compacting feature, and reports fullness status to collection crews to enable increased productivity. A cloud connected dashboard and notification function manages public space waste and provides actionable insights into ongoing operations and daily collection routine.
Bigbelly also features a messaging platform to drive important County content to our targeted audience. The vinyl wraps and interchangeable message boards promotes County-led public service announcements, campaigns and featured content in a concentrated and visible way.
- Promises up to 80% collection reductions with a smart waste fleet and compaction technology.
- This results in decreased truck rolls, vehicle wear, and fuel consumption.
- Informed decision making with data and analytics enables labor to be reallocated to more meaningful projects.
- Introduce and measure the diversion rate of a public space recycling program.
- Bigbelly offers multiple streams at each station to encourage proper recycling.
- Reduce carbon footprint & greenhouse gas emissions with decreased fuel usage and vehicle pollution.